MILESTONES WANTS “YOU” TO GROW WITH US!
We look forward to having you become a part of our family!
Qualifications to work at Milestones:
- Must have the desire and passion to work with children. Must be a patient personality.
- Applicants must be able to work any full-time shifts between 6:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- All applicants must be able to obtain a Washoe County Sheriff Work Permit in childcare and a negative TB test result.
- Additional qualifications and previous experience with children depends on position desired.
Skills desired in applicants:
- Good communication, team player, self-motivated, positive attitude, multitasker, reliable, consistent, strong imagination/creative and an open mind to learning new classroom management skills.
Probation Period Training Requirements:
All new hires must complete the following training hours within 90 days of their hire date:
- CPR & First Aide
- Communicable Disease
- Child Abuse & Neglect Recognition
- 3 hours of a Child Development class.
- Nutrition/Obesity/Physical Activity
All new hires must complete the following remainder of training hours within 120 days of their hire date:
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Building and Physical Premises Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Medical Administration and Food Allergies
- Transportation Safety
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Child Care Discount for all ages
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Time
- Insurance Available: Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Simple IRA Match